We’ve partnered with Creative Victoria and ArtsReady (through AFL SportsReady) to provide a First Peoples person between the age of 18 and 24 this great opportunity.
The First Peoples Creative Industries Traineeships program seeks to launch the careers of 18-24-year-old First Peoples by opening doors to exciting roles in the creative industries – spanning arts, culture, screen, design, music, digital games and more.
Your 12-month traineeship, with a full-time wage, will include support and mentoring every step of the way as well as access to a network of First Peoples working in the creative industries – plus, you’ll study on the job for a nationally recognised business qualification.
Supported by the Victorian Government, the program is designed to encourage young people to develop the skills to run their own business, go onto further study or be employed in roles in the creative industries.
ArtsReady is a program of AFL SportsReady, specifically designed to provide opportunities for creative jobseekers to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
About the role
ArtsReady currently have an exciting position available with Next Wave. Next Wave is the most comprehensive platform in Australia for a new generation of artists taking creative risks. Next Wave is a values-driven organisation and industry leader, advocating for cultural inclusion, broad accessibility and best practice in environmental sustainability, with deep respect for the traditional custodians of the lands and waters that sustain us, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As the Marketing and Administration Trainee, you will provide assistance to the Marketing and Operations teams, supporting key activities within the Next Wave office.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady, as part of our ArtsReady program
• Work in North Melbourne, plus on-site venues as required
• Get paid while studying for a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities
Why should you work with us?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Next Wave
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET SUPPORTED: Independent First Peoples Liaison Officer and dedicated ArtsReady staff (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our university partners (conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
This program is an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Tharamba Bugheen: Victorian Aboriginal Business Strategy 2017-2021 with support from Creative Victoria, Jobs Victoria and the Aboriginal Economic Development Branch at Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide marketing support including website and social media management
• Assist with the collation of content for festival use including festival programs and promotional materials
• Assist with updating CRM and contacts lists
• Maintain accurate records of marketing materials and archived records
• Help collect and maintain audience research and surveys
• Maintain invitation lists and RSVPs for special events
• Operate office equipment such as photocopiers, computers
• Undertake other duties as required by your manager or their delegate
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
• Desire to work in the arts and creative industries
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
• Proven ability to work within and contribute to a team
• A positive attitude and commitment to uphold Next Wave’s mission and cultural values
• An interest in or ideas for starting your own business
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
• National Training Wage Award ($21,500 – $30,000) + 9.5% Superannuation
• Fully funded qualification
Applicants must not be currently studying for a post-school qualification and must not have completed a post-school qualification in the past (if you’ve completed a Certificate I-IV course, you can still apply for this traineeship).
In addition, to be eligible for this program, you must:
• Be a First Peoples of Australia living in Victoria aged 18-24 years
• Be unemployed or working less than 15 hours per week
Applications for this position will close 5pm, Monday 9th December 2019, and must include:
• A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
• A resume / CV
For enquiries about this role or the application process please contact Keedan Rigney our ArtsReady recruitment consultant on 0423 541 077
ArtsReady is a program of AFL SportsReady.