The General Manager works collaboratively with the CEO/Executive Director; and oversees and supports the Next Wave team together with the management team comprising of the Lead Creative Producer, Lead Program Producer and Communications Manager. This position interfaces with Next Wave Chair and Board of Directors, contractors, sponsors, donors and funding bodies, representatives from the three tiers of government & network of partner organisations.
This is a leadership role, and we are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to engage with racial justice and cultural equity frameworks, reflecting both professional and lived experience.
- Practical experience in a management / leadership role in an arts organisation, not-for-profit or business including governance, implementing strategy, financial management and accounting, human resource and fundraising.
- Ability to collaborate and lead a small team with diverse responsibilities during peak periods and work under pressure to meet deliverables.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders. This includes artists, arts organisations, funders, government agencies, donors, and philanthropic foundations.
- Interest in optimising business and administrative processes and solutions to boost productivity and foster positive workplace culture.
- Strong community engagement skills and understanding of self-determined community practice
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate sensitively and effectively with people with diverse lived and cultural, and professional experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly autonomous and organised to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, determine workloads, set priorities, work under pressure and complete tasks within specified timeframes.
- Understanding of the specific issues related to working with emerging artists, new work and commissioning contexts.
- Understanding & interest in the Australian Contemporary arts sector and its funding and administrative bodies.
Download the General Manager position description.
HOW TO APPLY
For all enquiries, please contact Next Wave CEO, Jamie Lewis. To submit an Expression of Interest, please email email@example.com by 24 November 2023 with a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and the following questions:
- What excites you about joining the Next Wave team and taking this leadership role right now?
- What can you bring to this role that will support the success of the team?
- How did you contribute to a work culture that you have enjoyed being a part of?
- Tell us about a significant experience you have had managing a team and what you learnt from it.
- Tell us about a mentor / manager / leader you have had, and how that has shaped your work life.
- Is there anything you would like us to know about how you work and/or what you need to take on this role?