We are looking for a CEO/Director (Parental Leave Position) for 12 months.
The CEO/Director (Parental Leave Position) leads Next Wave in the delivery of long-term strategic objectives, facilitating organisational growth and the realisation of Next Wave’s vision and mission. This role sets the tone for internal culture and represents Next Wave externally. Stewarding the implementation of a renewed strategic plan in the organisation’s 40th year, this year-long role has a focus on fundraising and stakeholder management to support organisational change.
We welcome applications from First Nations people and people who reflect a diversity of lived and cultural experience.
PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS
• Lead the team through organisational change, providing stability through mentorship.
• In conjunction with Next Wave’s 40-year anniversary, raise the profile of the organisation through advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
• Develop a strategy for Brunswick Mechanics and Next Wave’s relationship with venue management.
• Evolve and implement fundraising strategy to increase and diversify income.
• Foster and strengthen organisational partnerships with arts and non-arts organisations.
• Ability to engage with racial justice and cultural equity frameworks, reflecting both professional and lived experience.
• Experience in a management/leadership role in an arts organisation, not-for-profit or business.
• Ability to lead a small team with diverse responsibilities.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills, including ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders. This includes artists, arts organisations, funders, government agencies, donors, and philanthropic foundations.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
For all enquiries, please contact Next Wave Board Chair, Amrit Gill. To submit an Expression of Interest, please email email@example.com by Thursday 28 September 2023 with a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and the following questions:
• What excites you about joining the Next Wave team and taking this leadership role right now?
• How did you contribute to a work culture that you have enjoyed being a part of?
• Tell us about a significant fundraising campaign you’ve led – can you talk to your process and what you learned from the experience?
• Tell us about a mentor/manager/leader you have had, and how that has shaped your work life?
• Is there anything you would like us to know about how you work and/or what you need to take on this role?
Position description and full application pack here.