How to book
- Online at nextwave.org.au
- By telephone on (03) 9329 9422 during business hours.
- At the venue one hour prior to the event starting, unless sold out.
Please note that shows can and do sell out, so avoid the stress— book early! Unless otherwise specified, online ticket sales will end two hours prior to a performance start time. Entry to free events is subject to venue capacity and at the discretion of venue staff. In an effort to be as paper free as possible, Next Wave asks that patrons do not print their tickets at home. Save yourself the time, effort, paper and ink and simply turn up! Just bring some photo ID to verify your identity.
Did you know that over 60% of greenhouse gas emissions related to festivals are generated by people travelling to and from events? Green Tickets provide a 25% discount off the full advertised ticket price of selected performances, if you travel to the show in an environmentally friendly way. Check out the prices on this site and remember to show proof of transit at the venue upon arrival.
Pricing and Refunds
Most prices are listed as Full/Concession. All events in the Next Wave program are general admission. The advertised ticket price includes all booking fees. Credit card or transaction fees may apply when booking through partner providers. Concession discounts apply to children 14 and under, full time students, seniors, pensioners, Healthcare Card holders and MEAA members. Next Wave also honours Companion Cards – see Access page for details. All ticket sales are final; Next Wave regrets that it is unable to facilitate exchanges or refunds once a purchase has been processed.
Terms and conditions
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to our Terms and Conditions:
- All ticket sales are final; Next Wave regrets that it is unable to facilitate exchanges or refunds, except in exceptional circumstances such as show cancellation.
- All events in the Next Wave program are general admission.
- The advertised ticket price includes all booking fees. Credit card or transaction fees may apply if booking through partner providers.
- Valid Proof of Concession must be presented when collecting or buying tickets.
- Concession discounts apply to children 14 and under, full-time students, seniors, pensioners, Healthcare Card holders and MEAA members.
- Companion and Carer Card holders qualify for concession priced tickets. Companion Card holders also receive a complimentary ticket for their companion. To book, please call (03) 9329 9422 during office hours or email email@example.com. The companion ticket must be booked at the same time as the purchased ticket.
- Green Tickets provide 25% off the advertised ticket prices for select performances when you travel to the show in an environmentally friendly way. Proof of transit must be shown to a Next Wave volunteer upon arrival at the venue. Proof of transit may take the form of a myki card, bike helmet, skateboard etc.
- Next Wave presents work with and in a number of partner organisations/venues. We defer to venue staff and the venue’s entry protocols during the festival presentation period.
- Venues reserve the right to refuse entry if:
- you are unable to produce a valid ticket, or verify your name against a venue’s door list
- you cannot provide proof of concession where a concession ticket has been purchased
- you do not meet the venue’s conditions of entry
- a lockout applies and you arrive after the event has commenced